Friday, February 17, 2012

6:00 AM Post

Kay so I've been busy. Skittle projects, geometry, guitar classes, musical rehearsal, etc. ANYWAY.
So today our 3 things sketch is due (we should be at 9 drawings) and I will admit I did them all last minute last night and they look like a disaster. Due to a limited time this morning, I will be posting them sometime in the future. I'm pretty ashamed of them, not gonna lie.

On the other hand! Mr. Sands assigned a word of the week project. So we go online to this art website and there will be a word that would represent the rest of the week. Our job as artists is to illustrate what that word means to us. It can be a witty interpretation or something dark or meaningful. This weeks word was
Popularity
My first initial thought was, "I'm so not drawing one person surrounded by a couple dozen. That's insane." Then I thought about being witty. So I wanted to draw someone looking into a mirror whilst there's a mirror behind them and their reflection shows a bunch of times. Then I thought, "Ha, that's too tedious for my liking." Now I was stuck in a pickle because I had waited 'til the last minute and now I had no ideas.

So in desperate need for inspiration, I texted when of my good friends, who's a little too advanced for his years, what he thought of when he heard the word, popularity. He replied with

"When I see the word popular, I see classy, I see lights. I see humble beauty." -David M. Flowers

And thus, Elaine Stacy was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment