Sunday, February 5, 2012

Procrastination

Totally didn't feel like posting anything yesterday and just remembered about an hour ago to draw more flowers. What the class was supposed to do about a week or two ago was to draw three of the same objects.
          Examples: Birds, jewelry , clothing, flowers, etc. 
So if you chose to draw birds as a general statement, you would draw three different birds like an owl, robin and an eagle. But if you chose a more specific thing such as lipstick, you have to stick to just that. Lipstick. You can't be more broad and do stuff like make-up as a whole. 

Thankfully, I chose flowers as a general statement. The first three flowers I drew up were a tulip, an orchid and an iris. Besides the tulip [I didn't try all that hard on it], the flowers came out great. Little did I know, however, that now we had to draw 49 more of them. 

So yeah, 50 flowers until the end of the year. Not that difficult of a concept. I mean, it's like 3 a week. But that also means I'll be drawing 50 different flowers. And some flowers are pretty intricate! At least we can have fun with it. Now I can draw a blooming flower, dead flower, colored flower, shaded flower, the same flower from a different point of view, an abstract flower, an eaten flower, a bouquet of flowers, etc. Surprisingly, I'm really looking forward to this.


AND, I've decided that at the end I'll put all the flowers together and give them to David Flowers as a birthday present next year. Hooray for cheap gifts! 
 The first 3 flowers I sketched up
February 5th Flowers 

No comments:

Post a Comment